One of my excellent PLN friends from Iowa, Erin Olson, recently published a post called, “We Have to Stop Pretending”, where she shared her list of top 5 things we need to stop pretending about in education. Her post ended with a challenge to myself and some other outstanding folks to do the same. I offer my contribution:
1. That there’s only one path to mastery for our students.
2. That any one device/web tool/software/pedagogy is going to fundamentally change teaching & learning.
3. That it’s about finding the time – it’s about making the time.
4. That technology has no place in K-2 classrooms.
5. That our parents don’t need support at home with tech best practices including digital citizenship.
I have enjoyed reading many similar posts in this series and look forward to reading more. Please write yours today and share it out!