August 31, 2015
10 Things to Make This Year More Than
School has either just started or is getting ready to. What goals have you set for yourself this year? What do you want to “make this year more than” for 2015-2016? I thought of a few that came to mind.
- Make this year more than ‘just being a teacher’. Don’t forget to be a learner too.
- Make this year more than being seen as ‘just a teacher’ to your students. Relationships matter.
- Make this year more than retweets, favorites, likes, followers, etc. That’s not what being a connected educator is about.
- Make this year more than a test for your students. Create learning with meaning in your classroom.
- Make this year more than using tech just to use tech. Get students creating more than they’re consuming.
- Make this year more than just one way for students to show their learning. Give students choices that are engaging. Technology offers some seriously cool opportunities for this.
- Make this year more than using social media to post homework. Show students what it’s like to connect with and learn from brilliant minds all over the world.
- Make this year more than just talking about going to an edcamp. Commit to go and change how you view professional development forever.
- Make this year more than the 4 walls of your classroom. Have students become publishers for a larger audience than the teacher and their classmates.
- Make this year more than one content area. Mix it in with the arts as much as possible.
What would you add? What do you want to make this year more than?